In the Press
- Dark Reading, Researchers Develop New Side-Channel Attacks on Intel CPUs, Mar 10, 2019.
- The Register, Meltdown The Sequel strikes Intel chips – and full mitigation against data-meddling LVI flaw will slash performance, Mar 10, 2020.
- ZDNet, Intel CPUs vulnerable to new LVI attacks, Mar 10, 2020.
- tom's Hardware, New Load Value Injection Vulnerability Found In Intel Chips, Mar 10, 2020.
Rowhammer rides again as FPGA attack, RSA again reportedly up for sale,
anti-theft kit to nuke laptops, etc, Jan 6, 2020.
- ZDNet FPGA
cards can be abused for faster and more reliable Rowhammer attacks Jan 2, 2020.
- Tom's Hardware
Newly Demoed JackHammer Cyberattack Uses FPGA-CPU Combo to
Attack Memory, Dec 1, 2019.
FPGA-Beschleuniger als Sicherheitsrisiko, Dec 31, 2019.
Intel and STMicroelectronics TPM-FAIL Attack
- The Register Don't trust the Trusted Platform Module – it may
leak your VPN server's private key (depending
on your configuration), November 12, 2019.
- Business Insider
Worcester Polytechnic Institute Researchers Discover Vulnerabilities Affecting Billions of Computer Chips
. November 12, 2019.
- ZDNet TPM-FAIL
vulnerabilities impact TPM chips in desktops, laptops, servers
, November 13, 2019.
- The Hacker News Researchers Discover
TPM-Fail Vulnerabilities Affecting Billions of Devices, November 13, 2019.
- Dark Reading TPM-Fail:
What It Means & What to Do About It
, November 19, 2019.
- Golem.de IT-News
Schlüssel aus TPM-Chips lassen sich extrahieren, November 13, 2019.
Polytechnic Institute Researchers Discover Vulnerabilities Affecting Billions of Computer Chips, November 12, 2019.
MDS Attacks Zombieload and Fallout
- Wired News MELTDOWN Redux: INTEL
Flaw Lets Hackers Siphon Secrets from Millions of PCs, May 14, 2019.
- ZDNet Intel
CPUs impacted by new Zombieload side-channel attack, May 14, 2019.
- Fox News Intel
chip 'ZombieLoad' flaw could let hackers steal data, May 18, 2019.
- TrendMicro Side-Channel
Attacks RIDL, Fallout, and ZombieLoad Affects Millions of Vulnerable Intel Processors, May 15, 2019.
- The Inquirer ZombieLoad: Boffins
discover four new Spectre-like vulns in Intel CPUs, May 15, 2019.
- Ars Technica New
speculative execution bug leaks data from Intel chips’ internal buffers, May 14, 2019.
News on Spoiler Attack
- Forbes Article New
Intel CPU Vulnerability Bodes Well For AMD, March 5, 2019.
- The Register SPOILER alert, literally:
Intel CPUs afflicted with simple data-spewing spec-exec vulnerability, March 5, 2019.
Intel chips open to new Spoiler non-Spectre attack: Don't expect a quick fix, March 5, 2019.
- Apple Insider
'Spoiler' vulnerability in all Intel Core processors exposed by researchers, March 5,
flaw in Intel CPUs is similar to Spectre - yet dangerously different, March 5, 2019.
Machine Learning Attacks & Countermeasures
Amazon AWS Attack