Radar monitoring of bird migration in New England
This is a compilation of internet resources relating to the monitoring
of bird migration via radar returns (thanks to Beth Milke for this info).
Back to Central Mass Bird Update homepage.
- Radar reflection data
- Go to weather.rap.ucar.edu/radar/
- product: select "regional reflectivity"
- loop duration: select "one hour" or "two hours"
- click "BGM" on map (Binghamton NY) - this brings up a radar image
- click "play" to set the radar image in motion
- Tutorials on radar/bird migration
Clemson University site: select
WSR 88D (NEXRAD) -- menu: Birds on Nexrad
David LaPuma's site
Frequently asked questions about radar migration studies