Michael M. Sokal
Other Professional Activity
Last modified: Wednesday, 21 May 2003
- History of Science Society: Committee on the Status of Women in the
Profession, 1972-73; Advisory Editor, Isis, 1985-90;
Editor, History of Science Society Newsletter, 1988-92; Chair,
Nominating Committee, 1994; Committee on Publications, 1997-2001.
- Affiliate Associate Professor, History of Science & Technology, Clark
- Archives of the History of American Psychology: Board of Advisors,
- Lecturer in Psychology, College of the Holy Cross, 1982-83.
- National Science Foundation: Advisory Panel of the Program in History
and Philosophy of Science, 1982-85; Advisory Panel of Program for
Visiting Professorships for Women, 1990-91, 1994.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science, Section on
History and Philosophy of Science: Nominating Committee, 1985-87;
Council Delegate, 1988-91; Section Steering Committee, 1993-95;
- American Council of Learned Societies: Conference of Administrative
Officers, 1988-92; CAO Executive Committee, 1989-91; CAO Secretary,
1990-91; Task Force on Scholarship and the Public Humanities, 1989.
- Society for the History of Technology: Advisory Council, 1989-93.
- American National Biography, Associate Editor, 1989-present.
- National Humanities Alliance, Board of Directors, 1990-94.