Discrete Mathematics Day At WPI
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Edwin van Dam , Tilburg University
- Title: Eigenvalues and structure in graphs
- Elizabeth Jane Hartung, Syracuse University
- Title: Fullerenes and carbon molecules
- Tim Penttila, Colorado State University
- Title: Incidence geometry from Klein's point of view
- Karola Mészáros, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Title: Triangulations of root polytopes and subdivision algebras
- Jason Williford, University of Wyoming
- Title: Examples of cometric schemes
Schedule and Abstracts
The meeting will begin at 9:15am (first talk at 10:00am) and continue through to 5:00pm. There will be 5 talks during the day followed by a reception at 5:30pm.
As with the other Discrete Math Day conferences, there is no registration fee, but pre-registering strongly encouraged. To pre-register, send email to Bill Martin. So far, we have the following list of participants.
Directions, Parking and Accommodations:
You can find directions and information about parking at WPI here. We have arranged for DMD participants to park in the staff parking lot off John Wing Road (which is the driveway to Higgins House, off Salisbury Street) on Sunday; no parking pass will be required on that day.
The presentations will take place in Kinnicut Hall, which is Room 115 in Salisbury Labs. Salisbury is building number 28 on this map and is adjacent to the water fountain at the center of the campus.
Here is a list of local accommodations, and a list of area dining (including too many that are not within walking distance).
If you are in need of further assistance, contact Bill Martin.
Discrete Mathematics Days in the Northeast:
As you may know, this is part of a series of one-day conferences, titlted "Discrete Mathematics Days in the Northeast". Information on previous meetings in the series can be found here.
Local organizer: William Martin.
Supported by the National Security Agency through the Steering Committee for Discrete Math Days in the Northeast.