Please click here for the drama/theatre office hours.
Why do we have academic theatre at WPI?
There are many ways to receive credit for your work in Drama/Theatre.
We currently offer nine courses:
- EN 1221. Introduction to Drama: Theatre on the Page and on the Stage
- EN 1222. Shakespeare in the Age of Elizabeth
- EN 2221. American Drama
- EN 2222. Theatre Workshop
- EN 2224. Shakespeare: Nothing but Love
- EN 2235. The American Dream: Myth in Literature and the Popular Imagination
- EN 3222. Forms in World Drama
- EN 3223. Forms in Modern Drama
- EN 3224. Shakespeare Seminar
We also offer a series of performance-based Independent Study/Practicum courses. To earn credit in these courses, you must spend time working on a theatre production. For each show, you have the potential to earn one-sixth unit of credit. These courses are listed below:
- TH 1225. Theatre Production Practicum
- TH 2225. Acting
- TH 2227. Advanced Acting
- TH 2229. Advanced Theatre Production Practicum
- TH 3225. Directing
- TH 3227. Advanced Directing
- TH 3229. Dramaturgy
- TH 4225. Theatre Technology Design
- TH 4227. Advanced Theatre Technology Design
- TH 4229. Advanced Dramaturgy
Contact our Drama/Theatre Office
for more information.
DRAMA/THEATRE DIVISION OF WPI'S DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITIES AND ARTS
100 Institute Road, Worcester MA 01609-2280 | Fax: +1-508-831-5932 | Email: email@example.com
WPI main page