A Brief Bio
Jimenez is currently a Postdoctoral Scholar in the Department
of Mathematical Sciences at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. She obtained her Ph.D. in Mathematics at
current research centers on Homogenization of Nonlinear Elliptic Partial
Differential Equations. She is interested in researching the effect
of microstructure on the solution of Partial Differential Equations.
"Mathematics is not a deductive science, that's a cliche. When you try to prove a theorem, you don't just list the hypotheses, and then start to reason. What you do is trial and error, experimentation, guesswork."
Recent and Upcoming Activities2013
- I attended the Joint Mathematics Meetings and gave a talk in the AMS Special Session on Recent Advances and New Challenges in Applied Analysis. San Diego, Ca, January 9-12, 2013.
- I visited and gave a talk at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at California State University, East Bay, Hayward, Ca, January 30, 2013.
- I visited and gave a talk at the Mathematics Department at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, In, February 5, 2013.
- I visited and gave a talk at the Department of Mathematical Sciences at New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico, February 19, 2013.
- I will visit and give a talk at the Department of Mathematics at Colgate University, Hamilton, NY, April 3rd, 2013.
- I am co-organizing the Minisymposium on Multiscale Modeling, Microstructure, and Local Field Properties of Heterogeneous Media at the SIAM Confererence on Mathematical Aspects of Materials Science. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, June 9-12, 2013.
- I co-organized the AMS Special Session on Local Field Properties, Microstructure, and Multiscale Modeling of Heterogeneous Media at the Joint Mathematics Meetings. Boston, MA, January 4-7, 2012.
- I gave the talk "Nonlinear Neutral Inclusions: Assemblages of Disks and Ellipsoids" at the Joint Mathematics Meetings. Boston, MA. January 6th, 2012.
- I attended the Applied Math Days at RPI. Troy, NY March 30-31, 2012.
- I gave a talk at Tufts University for the SIAM Student Chapter. Medford, MA April 25, 2012.
- I attended the Summer School on Recent Advances in the Theory of Homogenization. Chicago, June 18-29, 2012.
- I attended the SIAM Annual Meeting. Minnesota July 9-13, 2012. I gave a talk at the Minisimposium on Homogenization and Model Reduction Methods for Multiscale Phenomena.
- I attended the Conference on Applied Analysis and Mathematical Biology: In honor of Prof. Robert Gilbert's 80th Birthday. University of Delaware, Newark, DE August 8-9, 2012.
- I visited and gave at talk in the School of Mathematical Sciences at Rochester Institute of Technology, September 19-23, 2012.
- I gave a talk during the 3rd New York Conference on Applied Mathematics at Renssealer Polytechnic Institute, October 13, 2012.
- I gave a talk in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at College of the Holy Cross, October 15th, 2012.
- I attended and presented a poster at the Blackwell-Tapia Conference at ICERM, Brown University, November 9-10, 2012.
- I visited the Department of Applied Mathematics at Wentworth Institute of Technology, December 5, 2012.