If you would like to host a remote kickoff please contact us by email email@example.com.
At these seminars we plan on teaching several things which should be helpful for building your robot. The exact topics will be released at a later date.
Time: 9:00AM - 10:00AM
Time: 10:00AM - 11:00AM
Competitions are open to the public. There will be food available and plenty of seating.
When: Saturday, November 10th, 2012
Time: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Tentative Schedule
Where: WPI, Campus Center, Odeuum, Worcester, MA - Directions - Campus Map
Cost: Free, thanks to the generous donation of SolidWorks
Registration: Register Online
When: November 17th
Time: 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Where: Maloney High School, 121 Gravel Street, Meriden, CT 06450
Additional Info: Gus will be collecting used books for literacy on this date. Teams are encuraged to donate used books to our drive.
If you are interested in hosting a competition in your area, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, information, and what the best means and time of day is to contact you. Someone on the Savage Soccer staff will reply quickly with information.
Each year, we look to expand the program to support multiple events anywhere in the world. Our goal is to provide as many resources as possible to assist people in this effort as well as design games that are easily replicated by anyone. Check out the Event Guide section for self-serve resources you can use to host an event. We are able provide the following support for remote events:
- Develop and publish the game, scoring information, and rules
- Programming assistance - we answer questions for team members developing software for their robots. We will also release a copy of WPILib to simplify programming for those wishing to use the Microchip MPLab C development tools.
- Develop and publish any required scoring software that event managers can choose to use
- Provide video (live webcast and downloadable video files) of our kickoff meeting at WPI
- Publish a guide to building a field and any required field elements using commonly available materials and tools (Home Depot shopping list). Most remote events will be required to purchase the parts and construct their own fields with our supplied documentation. We will offer the WPI field out for loan when it fits in the schedule.
- Run moderated forums for the discussion and clarification of rules (October-December only). We will accept questions through the forum and email updates periodically with the answers.
- Send rules updates and clarifications to registered teams as they become required
- Run an open tournament on the WPI campus for anyone wanting to participate
- Provide other requested support for any organization that wishes to run their own events.
Last modified: Sep 27, 2012, 09:29 EDT