Humanities class is nothing like your typical English or History course. The class goes all out with everything: history, civilization, culture, philosophy, grammar, writing, and a lot more. If you’re a person that loves debating about those universal questions you can do so freely in Humanities class with Mr. Ludt. Just like in all of my other classes I’ve learned so much in the past month and I think my writing has improved exponentially. I was never able to structure my writing to something comprehensible to others and now I think I can. That is until I get my first essay back.(*the irony in here is that this website is poorly written....)
These are a few great articles and quotes that I have read in the recent past that overlay an assortment of ideas and understandings.
- The Last Question by Isaac Asimov
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- How many poor immortal souls have I met well-nigh crushed down the road of life…”~Henry David Thoreau
- Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.~Albert Einstein
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.~Winston Churchill
Here are a few projects that I have done so far in Humanities class:
- Vandal Powerpoint As we were talking about the Roman Empire we got into groups to create a presentation to describe different reasons why the empire fell.
- Epic Convenctions Powerpoint This again was another group project about different aspects of epics, and in particular the Aeneid.
- Walden Skit And here is yet another group project! This one revolves around doing a small skit on Thoreau :-/ .
- The Spectator Here is one of my essays that I wrote for humanitites calls. Lets just say it isn't a masterpiece or close to a work of art o.0 .