Discrete Mathematics Day At WPI
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Zajj Daugherty, Dartmouth College
- Erica Flapan, Pomona College
- Jack Graver, Syracuse University
- Christino Tamon, Clarkson University
- Santosh Vempala, Georgia Tech
Titles and Abstracts can be found here.
Schedule of Events for Saturday April 20:All talks will be held in Kinnicutt Hall
- 9:00 Problem session and coffee (please bring problems on typeset paper, copied for distribution)
- 9:45 Welcome and Announcements, Kinnicutt Hall, Salisbury Laboratories, WPI
- 10:00 Santosh Vempala, Georgia Institute of Technonology, "On the Complexity of Detecting Planted Cliques and other Latent Structures"
- 11:00 Coffee break
- 11:30 Jack Graver, Syracuse University, "When does a curve bound a distorted disk?"
- 12:30 LUNCH - Higgins House, WPI campus
- 1:30 Zajj Daugherty, Dartmouth College, "The quasi-partition algebra"
- 2:30 Erica Flapan, Pomona College, "Intrinsic properties of graphs embedded in R3"
- 3:30 Coffee break
- 3:45 Christino Tamon, Clarkson University, "Perfect State Transfer on Graphs"
- 6:00 Reception and Informal Dinner
Registration and General Information:
As with the other Discrete Math Day conferences, there is no registration fee, but pre-registering strongly encouraged. We are using Google Docs to manage registration. To register, please go here.
We aim to provide child care at no cost to participants in need of babysitting services. Please contact us for details and be sure to note this in your registration if such services will help you attend.
So far, we have the following list of participants.
Directions, Parking and Accommodations:
You can find directions and information about parking at WPI here. Further details will be posted here as we get closer to the date of the meeting.
The presentations will take place in Kinnicutt Hall, which is Room 115 in Salisbury Labs. Salisbury is building number 28 on this map and is adjacent to the water fountain at the center of the campus. (Please note that Salisbury Labs has a different building number on other WPI maps.)
If you are in need of further assistance, contact Bill Martin.
Discrete Mathematics Days in the Northeast:
As you may know, this is part of a series of one-day conferences, titlted "Discrete Mathematics Days in the Northeast". Information on previous meetings in the series can be found here.
Local organizers: Elizabeth Donovan (Bristol CC), Rhonda Podell (WPI), Brigitte Servatius (WPI), William Martin (WPI).
Supported by the National Security Agency through the Steering Committee for Discrete Math Days in the Northeast.