Eduardo Torres-Jara PhD.
Short Bio:I am currently an Assistant Professor in the Robotics Engineering Program at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) and the founder director of the Sensitive Robotics Laboratory. In 2007, I finished my PhD at MIT. Then, I was a postdoc in the Distributed Robotics and the Humanoid Robotics Laboratories at CSAIL as well as in the Microrobotics Laboratory at Harvard. You can check my previous page
- Profiled in The New York Times. Brainy, Yes, but Far From Handy. Building a Robot With Human Touch. By John Markoff. Sept. 1, 2014.
- Recipient of a NASA Tech Brief Award. 2011.
- Invited Speaker to the 2011 Japan-America Frontiers of Engineering Symposium .National Academy of Engineering and Japanese Engineering Academy, 2011.
- Profiled in the Diners Magazine, Ecuador. August, 2011.
- Elected one of the 100 most influential in the Massachusetts latin community.El Planeta Newspaper, Boston, MA. 2011.
- Profiled in STEM stories.